Taveuni – Fiji’s “Garden Island”
We can arrange any of the following for you:
– Nature hike to Bouma Waterfalls
– The Lavena Coastal Walk
– Bird Watching at Nabogiono Bird Sanctuary.
– Vidawa Rainforest Walk
– Waitabu Village Visit
– Waitavala Natural Rock Waterslide
– Horseback Riding
– Great Fishing Trips around Taveuni with anything from local dinghy and guides, to top professional charters
– Kayaking on our beach or around Taveuni Island
– Village visits
– Full-day sailing trips
– Snorkeling trips
On the other hand, you can simply chill and…
– relax in your own private resort getaway
– have a massage by a professional masseuse right in your room or in the private massage beach bure
– (hopefully) watch dolphins from your verandah sipping wine
– lay in a hammock and dream dreamy dreams
– chaise lounging
– gaze at the endless stars in the night sky (ask the ladies to turn the lights off for optimal viewing)
On the side, I would like to tell you something here. I have always been an admirer of the night sky – an amateur gazer I guess. Whether it was the sky in Connecticut where I grew up, or the incredible shooting stars in Ladakh in northern India, they have all left incredible photos in my mind’s eye.
But I must say to you that you will never ever see the sky more clearly, more brilliantly, or more dramatically, than here on Taveuni in the Fiji Islands.
Bird Watching on Taveuni
Taveuni, Fiji is home to many species of tropical birds, a large proportion endemic.
Perhaps the main reason for the variety of bird life is the absence of the mongoose, which was introduced on many of the other islands to control the rat population.Taveuni’s relatively inaccessible mountains and abundant food supply also have made it a haven for many species.
Professor Allen Keast and Mr. David Bishop, both respected in the field of bird watching, describe the experience here as one of their most memorable.
You may be fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of any or all of the following:
Orange Dove, Many Colored Fruit Dove, Ground Dove ,Turtle Dove, Whistling Dove, Green Dove, Silk Tail, Parrot Finches, Honey-eater, Orange Breasted Honey-eater, Fly Catcher, Broad Bill, Fantail, Barking Pigeon, White Throated Pigeon, Triller, Parrot, Collared Lory, White Eye, Golden Whistler.
Bird lovers world over come to Taveuni to see these special species – don’t miss this trip!