This bure is located right down on the lower part of the property, closest to the beach. The cottage has windows all around, with views of the ocean from 3 sides.
From your king size bed you can see banana trees, hibiscus and watch the sunrise over the 1st island. There is a little fridge in the room for your snacks & cold drinks, and a lovely ceiling fan spinning over your bed.
When you return from your swim it is ten steps from the beach up to the attached hot water honeymoon shower. You can see the ocean while you bathe outdoors in complete privacy! (there are walls on all sides with a door on the front that is just high enough for privacy, but low enough to see the ocean) It is so nice that many of our guests have returned to their homes & added outdoor showers after their stay here with us! After you’ve enjoyed bathing in privacy outdoors, there is a second door that brings you right into the cottage. Now this is the way to bathe in the tropics!
At night when you close your eyes you will hear the sound of the waves on the shore outside your windows. If you like, you can tiptoe down to the sand for a dip under the stars. Otherwise, the hammock is a great place to relax and see the clearest night sky you’ve ever seen. Ever.
$295.00 U.S. per night for 2 people + 9% gov't tax
(That's $147.50 per person per night based on double occupancy)
Third person, add US$25 per night.
This is our newest bure, & from every window are views of the beach and the garden, with mango trees and butterfly orchids in abundance outside. Large windows allow the warm tropical breeze to carry the scent of flowers into your room. Just 30 steps & you are on the beach!
Are you looking for a breathtaking view? If you are, this is the bure for you. Because it is set up the slope from the beach this bure has the advantage of height with expansive ocean views. Our island is famous for the kula birds, which look like small parrots. And the best seats in the house at sundown are on the verandah of the Mango Bure. You will see them flitting through the air at sunset, flying in packs from coconut tree to coconut tree.
The Mango Bure has a king size bed and overhead fan. There is also a single bed under the side window on which you can read your book, and a small fridge nearby for your cold drinks. It is a spacious room with high ceilings, and the walls are covered in indigenous reeds that give the room a real island feeling. There is a large verandah in the front with two oversized chaise lounges. It is the perfect spot to spend the late afternoon and watch the colors of the sky change over the ocean as the sun sets.
From the bathroom you step outdoors to the attached hot water “honeymoon shower”. It was built from lava rocks we found down the island and has a banana tree cascading over the rock wall. Talk about a special place to bathe! You haven’t lived until you have showered here outdoors, in total privacy, looking out at the sea.
$275.00 U.S. per night for 2 people + 9% gov't tax
(That's $137.50 per person per night based on double occupancy)
Third person, add US$25 per night.
This light and airy bure is cooled by the trade winds that rustle through the papaya trees outside. It has a queen size bed, ceiling fan and a little fridge in the corner for your cold drinks. Its louvered windows provide beautiful views of the ocean and sunrise from your bed! Outside, on your verandah, there are heliconias and hibiscus everywhere, and down a few steps is the outdoor lava rock shower.
Of course there is a hot water shower inside your bure, but this outside one is the perfect place to rinse off after a swim & watch the sunlight reflect off the ocean waters. It has a cute little half door in the front so that you can see the ocean from here without frightening the fish.
Many guests love the fact that this bure has views of sunrise & the 3 islands right from their bed! It is smaller than the other 2 bures (192 sq feet inside plus a 64 sq foot outside verandah), but just as lovely with wonderful beach views. From this bure the soft white sand beach is only 29 steps.
$225.00 U.S. per night for 2 people + 9% gov't tax
(That's $112.50 per person per night based on double occupancy)
Single occupancy in Papaya Bure is $195 U.S. per night for 1 person.
All Bookings Made From This Website Include
- Return transfers from the airstrip here on Taveuni
- Free upgrade on arrival if available
- Filtered water in each bure
- Free internet access for emails in gift shop (BYO device)
- Little bar fridge in the room for your snacks & cold drinks
- In room safe for valuables
- Hot tea & coffee with homemade cookies in your room whenever you like
Shampoo, conditioner, beach & bath towels
- Daily maid service
- Use of our ocean kayak and snorkel gear
- The sound of the ocean from your bed each night!
- Sunrise over the ocean from your bure every morning (hopefully)
And for Stays of 5 Nights or Longer You Also Get
- Candlelight dinner on the beach
- A half hour “de-stress couples massage” on arrival in the Massage Beach Bure
- Basket weaving demonstration by the guys
- Coconut scraping demonstration with the kitchen staff
- A cooking class with the staff
- Village visit
- Government tax extra.
- An optional meal plan is now available at $75 U.S. + tax per person per day for all meals, including packed lunches. (drinks are not included and lobster, crab and prawn can be an additional $10-25 U.S. per meal depending on market). There is no obligation to purchase a meal plan. An a la Carte option is always available at the resort.
- Coconut Grove provides 24 hour electricity so you will always have power available. We run our generator in a soundproof building way up by the road & our silent batteries take us thru the night so you can use the lights, fans fridge or whatever you need all the time.
- Because many of you arrive in the morning from overseas flights, we have early check-in on arrival. In order to do this, we must ask for checkout at 9:00 A.M. Therefore many guests prefer to take the morning flight on their day of departure. Alternatively, we are happy to offer a very attractive 1/2 day rate in the Guava Room whenever possible, & we always have plenty of beach chairs & towels so you can hang out & be comfy on your last day!